The Ancol Dog Mesh Muzzle is ideal for training and stressful situations and is comfortable to wear as it allows your dog to breathe, pant, and drink normally. This dog mesh muzzle is an excellent way of ensuring that other dogs and people remain safe around a nervous or aggressive dog. Also, using a muzzle may prevent your dog from eating whatever they find during walks or while off the lead.
Fitting the dog mesh muzzle:
- Make sure the dog is calm and gently slip the muzzle over the dog’s snout.
- Clip the muzzle under the ears.
- Ensure the muzzle is tight enough that the dog can’t remove it, but that it is not pressing uncomfortably into the dog’s skin.
If your dog is not used to wearing a muzzle, introduce this dog mesh muzzle to the dog slowly. Put the muzzle on the dog at home for a short period of time. Then gradually lengthen the amount of time the dog has to wear the muzzle until they are comfortable with it.
Materials: Soft nylon mesh that is strong and reliable while being soft and comfortable for your dog to wear.
Ancol Mesh Muzzle Size Guide:
- Size 0 – 11cm around the nose, 8.5cm in length (Yorkshire Terrier, Miniature Poodle, Miniature Dachshund)
- Size 1 – 12cm around the nose, 11.5cm in length (Whippet, Jack Russell, Cavalier K Charles)
- Size 2 – 15cm around the nose, 12cm in length (Border Collie, Beagle, Springer Spaniel)
- Size 3 – 20cm around the nose, 15cm in length (Labrador, German Shepperd, Dobermann)
- Size 4 – 22cm around the nose, 17cm in length (Dalmatian, Dobermann, Weimaraner)
- Size 5 – 26cm around the nose, 18cm in length (Rottweiler, Bull Mastiff, St Bernard)
Another Ancol product to help train your dog is the Ancol Dog Training Halter. This is ideal for lead training or as an active dog’s permanent training collar.